Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Artists and goals

It's always important to think about goals in life. I think many times I sit and think about goals but I never write them down. Somehow, writing them down concretes them; makes them real and attainable. Here are my short term goals for the next thirty days:

1. Complete three paintings (hopefully more but three is the minimum).
2. Begin constructing my "book" (which is a collection of photocopies of my best work).
3. Begin rough drafts of my design for my promotional postcard.
4. Begin working on coloring pages for my website for people to download/print (for free).
5. Finish my possible publishers list from AGDM.

Long term goals:

1. Print my promotional postcards.
2. Mail out promotional cards to at least 15 possible greeting card companies and children's magazines.
3. Get a greeting card published.
4. Get inside art published in a children's magazine.
5. Have artwork published with Bella Sara (check out BellaSara.com).

I better get to work!


1 comment:

  1. I think these are great goals. You're definitely talented enough. How about getting on twitter and connecting with other artists at some point too? And other artists on facebook maybe?

    ReplyDelete