Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Painting #1 and working on light sources

For this painting I wanted to work on having a stronger light source. This is something that I usually struggle with. Many times my paintings lack a light source and seem too flat. This is my first attempt at creating two subjects bathed in late evening sunlight. This is also an illustration that goes with a short story I'm working on (that would maybe be suitable for publication in Highlights or even Ladybug type children's magazines).

So far I am on track for this month's goals.

2 comments:

  1. I love your illustrations, Lisa! You are so talented. I know you have a bright future ahead of you in the industry. Best wishes, -Kristen Zajac http://www.kristenzajac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl looks like you when you were little ;)

    ReplyDelete